Nov 1, 2010

Saving a Ghia???

YESTERDAY:
While filling up at the local gas station a guy pulled up. He came over and asked a few questions on the car and said: "I recently picked up my old uncle's Karmann Ghia. It's a 1961 and has been stored in a garage since the mid seventies. It's never been tampered with and is straight and complete. We have no interest in it, would you perhaps be interested in buying it?"

TODAY:

Needless to say, I was certainly interested :-)! (perhaps this was one of those "barn finds" you read about every once in a while?...)
Called the guy and headed over (excited!!) to his house. Accompanied by "detroit irons" (Ford Fairlanes and early Camaros) there it was!! As we got closer I realized that it was perhaps not the "immaculate barn find" :-)...
After going over the car I left letting him know that I'd be back.
My heart says "save it!". My brain says: "let it go!"...Not sure what to do!!?!!

This is what i found...





1 comment:

  1. Ja jag tror att din polare "igelösa chippendale"
    har en kontakt i tvärskog som kan hjälpa dig billigt!!

    ReplyDelete